The Inforum is the library and learning commons of the Faculty of Information. We bring users, resources, services, technology, and expert staff together in one physical location, as well as many virtual spaces. Known as the Faculty's community hub, the space is used for social, scholarly, and professional events and pursuits. No other information school in Canada has anything like it!
We are also part of the 44-branch University of Toronto Library (UTL) system, the 4th highest-ranked academic library in North America.
Research, learning, and connecting are facilitated through:
- Knowledgeable, friendly, and award-winning staff: Susan Brown Administrative Staff Achievement Award 2014 & 2015 | Excellence Through Innovation (2011) Award
- Many types of group and individual work & study spaces
- Unique and specialized collections that support the iSchool's teaching and learning mission
- Borrowing privileges (via Tcards) for the iSchool and U of T community. Alumni and other communities may also borrow Inforum material.
- Curriculum-supporting workshops
- Computing resources and printing, copying, & scanning
- Bookable technology and rooms
- Time-saving reference, research, and resource-use assistance, including one-on-one research consultations
- A Personal Librarian Program for first year Masters students
Explore our website to find out more about our many services, resources, and facilities.