NEW! Overdue laptop fines are now $5.00 per day. Laptops are due back at 10:30 am of the next day after they were borrowed.
Information on this page:
- Library cards
- Loan periods
- Renewals & returns
- Holds & recalls
- Request storage items
- Borrow from other U of T campuses
- Borrow from libraries outside U of T
- Inforum special loans
- University of Toronto TCard: For iSchool and other U of T students, faculty members, and staff. This card also allows off-campus access to U of T Libraries (UTL) e-resources.
- Inforum borrowing card: Free card for iSchool alumni and members of the public.
- Includes borrowing privileges from the Inforum only
- Obtainable with valid identification (e.g. your drivers’ license) and something with your current address
- Does NOT include off-campus access to UTL e-resources.
- Alumni wanting to borrow from other U of T libraries must purchase a U of T alumni reader card instead.
- In order to borrow Inforum books which have been sent to Downsview, alumni and members of the public must fill out a request form at Robarts Library
- Course Reserve items: Either 2 hours or 2 days.
- Loan periods for other circulating items are based on the type of borrower:
- iSchool faculty, staff, and PhD students: 90 days
- iSchool Master's students: 6 weeks
- Other U of T graduate students: 6 weeks
- All other borrowers: 2 weeks
- Technology loan periods: See Tech Loans
- Non-circulating items:
- Reference collection
- Special collection
Fines are charged for overdue items.
- All Course Reserve items: $0.50 per hour
- Technology loan fines: See Technology Loans
- Items from other Inforum collections: $0.50 per day
- Recall fee: $2 per item, per day (for items not returned within 2 days from the date that the recall was issued)
- Lost book fee: $145.00 per book (includes a $45 processing fee)
- Damaged book fee: $45 processing fee per book
- Blocked library cards: users are blocked from borrowing or renewing at all University of Toronto libraries when their fines total $25.00 or more
How to pay:
- Fine payments are no longer being accepted at the Inforum
- Overdue fines can be paid online, by telephone at 416-978-8450, or in person at Robarts Library.
- Accepted forms of payment: credit or debit card.
- Robarts Library is cashless as of September 1, 2016
- For fees associated with lost, damaged, or recalled items, please contact nadia.moro[at]utoronto.ca
- To avoid fines, sign up to receive email notices about items that are about to be due.
- For more details about Inforum fines, see our revised Fines Policy.
- Items can be renewed:
- Online, or
- In person at the Inforum Information Desk
- By phone with the First Stop Telephone Service at 416-978-8450.
- New due dates are calculated from the date of renewal
- To return items:
- All Course Reserve items and tech loans must be returned to the Inforum Information Desk
- Return other Inforum items through the iSchool 4th floor lobby bookdrop or to the InforumInformation Desk
- Return materials from other libraries to the library of origin
- Holds on Inforum items that are currently signed out to other borrowers can be placed by using the 'Request Item' featured in the library catalogue
- You will be notified by email when your hold item becomes available
- The material will be held for you for 5 days at the Inforum Information Desk
- Recalls can be made on items checked out for more than 2 weeks. Exception: Items needed for Course Reserves can be recalled at any time
- Please make your recall request at the Inforum Information Desk.
- You have 2 days to return a recalled item; after that, fines of $2 per day will be charged
Some Inforum items may be in storage at the Bissell Building (140 St. George St.) or in offsite storage at the Downsview facility. The catalogue record will say where the item is stored. Bissell Building storage items can usually be retrieved with one day's advance notice.
|STORAGE LOCATION||THE CATALOGUE SAYS:||HOW TO REQUEST THE ITEM|
|Bissell Building storage||
Request the item at least one day in advance from Inforum staff by phone, email, or in-person.
|Downsviewstorage||UTL at Downsview||
T-Card holders: Use the REQUEST function found in each item's UTL catalogue record. Turn around time is about 2 days.
External users: Visit the Robarts Loans Desk (1st floor) or the Robarts Reference Desk (4thfloor) and fill out a request form there.
|En route to Downsviewstorage||In process for shelving at Downsview||Material is NOT accessible until it is processed at the Downsview location*|
*If a book or journal you were expecting to find in the Inforum is currently not accessible, please talk to us: we can help you find alternate resources.
- iSchool students, staff, and faculty can request items from libraries at the University of Toronto's Scarborough Campus (UTSC), and Mississauga Campus (UTM)
- This service is known as Intercampus Delivery (ICD)
- Use the 'Request Item' feature in the library catalogue
- No registration is required
- iSchool students, staff, and faculty can request items not held at any University of Toronto library
- Requests are made through RACER, the University's online interlibrary loan (ILL) self-serve system
- New RACER users: register for an account first
- Current RACER users: go to the login page
- Consult the UTL for ILL borrowing charges
- Since interlibrary loans may take 3-6 weeks, users may consult Information Services staff for assistance in finding item(s) in other Toronto libraries
- Extended loans may be arranged upon request, subject to staff discretion
- Loans of non-circulating material may also be arranged with staff, e.g. materials needed for class presentations.
For any borrowing/circulation-related inquiries, contact Nadia Moro, Public Services & Collections Technician.