“How do I find articles for my assignment/paper on topic X?”
The workshop will help students to answer this common research question. The hands-on session will familiarize people with article databases relevant to the LIS & ARM fields, and offer tips for efficient and effective search strategies.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Choose the right article databases for their topics – UTL subscribes to hundreds of databases in all areas of study.
- Get to the articles in online or paper formats (useful when the link you have doesn’t work!)
- Find scholarly / peer-reviewed articles
- Search effectively for articles by authors
- Use subject search strategies that will increase their chances of finding articles on their research topics.
- Use limits and other search tools for refining their searches
Should you fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, thereby preventing your colleagues on the waitlist from filling in your spot, your library account will be charged $10 per missed workshop. Please note, it is your responsibility to sign next to your name on the attendance sheet for each workshop session. A blank signature spot will result in a penalty charge.
Nalini K. Singh, Academic Librarian, Reference Services Coordinator