Faculty of Information professors, librarians, staff, current students, alumni, and a collective of professionals and academics from each program and concentration, worked together to create the iSkills roster of workshops listed below. Together with the MMSt and MI curricula, they create a unique and complete information and heritage graduate educational experience. They also address academic, professional, and technical competencies aligned with your program and/or concentration(s).
Winter 2019 registration
- On January 9, 2019 at 12.10 pm, all current MI and MMSt students will be able to register for Winter 2019 iSkills workshops. You will receive an email from Kathleen Scheaffer with directions how to prior to this date.
- You will ONLY be able to register via the link in this email
- DOUBLE CHECK you entered your UTORONTO email information correctly (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You MUST be registered for each workshop you wish to attend
- There will be an attendance sheet in each workshop session, listing the names of all registrants
- Those who are not on the attendance sheet will be asked to leave, since it is an imposition on the instructor, and unfair to those who registered or are waitlisted
Waitlist and future sessions
- If a workshop is full, be sure to sign up for the waitlist, as we add sessions to the fall and winter roster based on numbers of those who are on the waitlist
- Materials, when received from instructors, are posted within a few weeks after the last session of a workshop
- Change the year and the term in the drop-down menus below to access the workshop roster and accompanying materials from previous terms
- If you are unable to attend a workshop for which you have signed up, be sure to withdraw at least 48 hours prior to the workshop
- Be sure to save each registration confirmation email, as it contains a link to use if you need to withdraw
Penalty charge ($)
- If you fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, your library account will be charged $10 per missed workshop
- It is your responsibility to sign your name on each workshop's attendance sheet to ensure that we have a record of your attendance
- A blank signature spot will result in a penalty charge
Questions, comments, suggestions
All questions, comments, and suggestions relating to iSkills workshops should be directed to Kathleen Scheaffer, Inforum Librarian, Outreach & Instructional Services Coordinator.