PLEASE NOTE: This workshop is ONLY for the BI students entering the Faculty of Information.
This hands-on workshop is an overview of the many resources available to U of T students from the U of T Library (UTL) website. The depth and richness of UTL resources can be overwhelming, and students sometimes use only familiar resources. The workshop will help students to save their time, build confidence, expand their range, and improve their chances of finding quality academic resources. We will also cover topics such as primary sources, peer-reviewed articles, where to get citation and writing help, and more.
At the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- Learned how to expand their search for academic resources beyond Google Scholar
- Learned how to effectively navigate the huge variety of e-resources available to them through the U of T Library website
- Gained an understanding of how to match where and how they search, with their actual information needs
- Learned some time-saving strategies for finding articles, books, and other resources
- Learned how to identify peer-reviewed resources
Should you fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, thereby preventing your colleagues on the waitlist from filling in your spot, your library account will be charged $10 per missed workshop. Please note, it is your responsibility to sign next to your name on the attendance sheet for each workshop session. A blank signature spot will result in a penalty charge.
Nalini K. Singh, Academic Librarian, Reference Services & Inforum Web Coordinator