In this workshop, you’ll take your first steps towards programming in the world’s most popular language: Python. Absolutely zero prior knowledge required.
You’ll get an insight into how programming languages work and get a chance to test your newfound skills in action by writing Python code to solve some simple real-life tasks, and even program your own game of rock-paper-scissors!
Along the way, you’ll learn about Git: the perfect tool to build your own online portfolio and showcase your skills to the world.
Through this workshop, you will:
- Understand the major paradigms of programming
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of Python
- Get hands-on with Python and write basic code
- Work in groups to program a game
- Understand version control using Git and how to push your code to Github
Should you fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, thereby preventing your colleagues on the waitlist from filling in your spot, your library account will be charged $10 per missed workshop. Please note, it is your responsibility to sign next to your name on the attendance sheet for each workshop session. A blank signature spot will result in a penalty charge.
Eden Rusnell, Information Specialist and Privacy Officer at WhoPlusYou